9 is the largest 1-digit number and it has many unique properties.
We have already studied Nine Point Circle and it’s benefits in finding the digit sum.
- The digit sum does not change by adding 9 or subtracting 9 from it.
- The digit sum of any multiple of 9 is always 9.
Look at the table of 9:
9 × 1 = 9
9 × 2 = 1 8
9 × 3 = 2 7
9 × 4 = 3 6
9 × 5 = 4 5
9 × 6 = 5 4
9 × 7 = 6 3
9 × 8 = 7 2
9 × 9 = 8 1
9 × 10 = 9 0
9 × 11 = 9 9
9 × 12 = 10 8
On the right side of all products in every case, the digit sum is 9.
There is a unique observation in the above products. If you read the answers as two columns the left column goes up (1, 2, 3, . . .) and the right column goes down
(9, 8, 7, . . .).
This makes it easy to get the answers in the table of 9.
There is no need to remember the table of 9. We can use our fingers to multiply by nine.
Suppose the fingers of your hands are numbered as shown below:
For example, multiply 3 by 9, simply fold down the 3rd finger.
You will find 2 fingers to the left of the folded finger and 7 fingers to the right.
So 3 × 9 = 27.
Why don’t you practice with your fingers and have fun!
I have added a new topic in Vedic Maths Course: Sum to Ten.
Visit the page in below link and enjoy:
Sum to Ten
“Success is 99 percent failure” is a famous quote by Soichiro Honda (Japanese Honda Motor company Founder).
What he meant from this is directly related to our own life, be it personal, professional, intellectual or spiritual.
- First letters from our mouth were never fluent. As we grew, we tried and moved from stuttering to fluency.
- As a child, when we started walking we fell a number of times before could walk steadily.
- How many of us are there who learnt cycling without ever crashing?
- We played cricket, but did we leave just because we got hit?
- We fail in exams, but do we leave studying and pursuing our career?
- Failure in one relation doesn’t mean that we don’t look for other partners or never marry.
- Problems in one’s job does not mean that we don’t take another job.
- Failure in one business does not mean that we should not start another business.
There are so many failures in our life after which we did succeed when really tried. Doing one thing and failing in it does not mean that we should never do that again.
Turn your weakness into your Strength.
Make Powerful Allies.
Share your responsibilities.
Teamwork succeeds where Individual effort fails.
The Right team is made by selecting the Right Individuals. Get the right man for the right job.
The interests of the Individual should never exceed the Team interest.
The best man for a Job is not the one with the best capabilities but one with the greatest commitment.
Know your enemies weaknesses and exploit them. Take Calculated risks.
Inspire, invigorate, counsel your own team in moments of need.
Know ground realities.
Know different ideologies.
Women = Better Half. Any team which doesn’t have women is unbalanced, for the Masculine traits of Aggression and Dominance should be balanced by the Feminine traits of Harmony and Sustenance.
I have added Practice Tests in the topic – Ten Point Circle,
Visit the pages in below links and enjoy:
I have added a new topic to this site – Topic 3: Multiplication.
Please visit it and take your learning of Vedic Maths to next stage.
Enjoying in the rain is fun,
Eating yummy yummy bun.
Jumping in the rain,
Inside a small lane.
Making paper boats,
It will surely float.
Wearing a pair of boots,
Making Stronger roots.
Filling our boots with water,
Playing with our daughter.
By – my son “Rishit Barnwal” – 2016